As new challenges in PPE management are presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a need to develop new and innovative ways to maintain the supply. The Ontario Health (Central) Local Regional Supply Chain Team invites all health system partners to join virtual knowledge exchange events where the intent is to come together to share current best practices in PPE supply chain management and inform innovative solutions moving forward.
Details on past and future events can be found below.
July 21, 2020 - Group Purchasing and Procurement Logistics
Thank you to everyone who attended this event. Presentations, summaries and FAQs will soon be posted.
| Welcome and introductions
- Shripal Doshi – Senior Manager, Manager, Healthcare and Life Sciences Advisory Services, KPMG Canada
- Anya Todic – Manager, Growth & Special Projects, Shared Services West
- Karen Belaire – President & CEO, Shared Services West
Topics to be covered:
- Current PPE sourcing environment – Are we back to normal yet?
- Warning flags to watch for with new PPE vendors
- PPE Clinical Review Process – Meeting specifications
- Shared Services Organizations (SSOs) and their role in group purchasing
| Extended Q&A with all panelists
| Next Steps
View event highlights
(click to enlarge)
- Dr. Arieg Badawi, Family Physician in Milton, North Halton Ontario Health Team (OHT)
- Dr. Paula Chidwick, Director, Research and Corporate Ethics, William Osler Health System, Brampton
- Debbie Bilyj, Headwaters Health Care Centre
- Kim Shadlock, Senior Manager Health Services, Caledon Community Services
View recording here.
*Functionality is best in Chrome or Microsoft Edge
View presentation here.
| Breakout Room Activity and Discussion