Our Community

The municipalities of Halton Hills, Milton, Oakville, Mississauga (excluding Malton) and South Etobicoke (part of the City of Toronto) make up the Mississauga Halton LHIN geography. The Mississauga Halton LHIN is home to over 1.2 million residents, and continues to be one of the fastest growing LHINs in the province, with the population growing by approximately 20,000 people annually. Over 97 per cent of the population is either within a large urban or medium population centre.

The aging of the population will continue to be a major theme in the Mississauga Halton LHIN in the coming years,as the percentage of people aged 75 and older will grow by approximately 55 per cent over the next 10 years. By way of comparison, Ontario’s population aged 75 and older is projected to grow by approximately 40 per cent during the same time period.

The Mississauga Halton LHIN has a much larger percentage of immigrants than Ontario overall, with 44.3% of the population identifying as an immigrant, compared to 28.5 per cent for Ontario. Visible minorities also make up a much larger percentage of the Mississauga Halton LHIN population compared to Ontario (40.7% vs. 25.9%).

The Mississauga Halton LHIN has a relatively small Aboriginal population, with just over 6,000 Aboriginal people, as reported in the 2011 National Household Survey (Statistics Canada).

Mississauga Halton LHIN Population 2011

The proportion of residents in Mississauga Halton living in low income is better compared to the provincial average, as is the unemployment rate for both adults and youth. However, within the Mississauga Halton LHIN, there are areas that are more economically disadvantaged. For example, East Mississauga and South Etobicoke both have a larger portion of the population living below the low income cut-off than Ontario overall.

Municipalities and Communities We Serve

The Mississauga Halton LHIN boundaries include a south-west portion of the City of Toronto, the south part of Peel Region, and all of Halton Region except for Burlington, which is part of the Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant LHIN. 

The Mississauga Halton LHIN will lead health system integration within the municipalities and communities we serve, including:


Glen Williams 

Ashgrove  Halton Hills  Norval 
Bronte  Hornby 


Brookville  Limehouse  Palermo 
Campbellville  Lorne Park  Port Credit 
Clarkson  Meadowvale Village  Speyside 
Etobicoke  Milton  Stewarttown 
Georgetown  Mississauga 


Please be advised that this list is intended as an overview and may not be complete.

At A Glance

Mississauga Halton LHIN was established by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care in 2006.

Mississauga Halton LHIN had 36 employees in 2014-15.

In 2014-15 Mississauga Halton LHIN allocated $1.41 billion to health service providers

Mississauga Halton LHIN actively engaged in the funding and performance management of 73 Service Accountability Agreements for 58 unique Health Service Providers (HSPs).  

Mississauga Halton LHIN spent 99.56% of its budget on projects, capacity development, knowledge exchange and evaluation. The remaining 0.44% went to management and administration.

Mississauga Halton LHIN supported programs in our 5 communities: Oakville, Milton, Halton Hills, Mississauga, South Etobicoke